Sweaters?

With Pentel P205 in my right hand, a mug of licorice spice tea in my left, and Kristene DiMarco singing "It is Well" in my ear (thanks to YouTube), I smile in joy over the simple things in life.  Pencils, tea (nothing added), music - and the ability to write, taste, swallow, hear, emotionally respond. 

Last night as my wife and I prayed with our children at bedtime, among other things, I praised God for the gifts of a warm house on a cold night.  Today I rejoiced in the knowledge that when the plumber fixed
the water valve connectors in both our toilet and our washing machine,  we were able to afford the bill. 

Today I also thank God for sweaters.

As I write, I'm wearing a beige (off white, light brown, I don't know!) cardigan.  It provides, inexplicably, a comfort within - a security. 

As I wrote those words, I questioned myself.  Do I risk losing your "I get it!" to "What?  That's strange!"?  Like I mentioned, the fact that knitted wool comforts proves unexplainable, at least to me.  If only sheep could speak!  (I digress.)

Pencils, tea (nothing added, remember), music, warm homes, financial security . . . and sweaters.  Ordinary things.  Simple things.  Meaningful things. 

What will you add to the list?  As you do, please feel free to drop one or more of mine, add cream to your tea, or laugh about sweaters.

Take a few moments to think.  I'll wait.

. . .
. . .
. . .

Was that enough time?  If not, pause from reading once more and resume thinking.  Think so that you can thank.

8 Let [us] give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
    and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
9 for he satisfies the thirsty
    and fills the hungry with good things.

Psalm 107:8-9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment