Favorite Things

Words embossed in stone on my desk continually remind me to open my eyes to the works of God.  Works that "are so great, worth a lifetime of study - endless enjoyment!"  The words of the psalmist urge me in my everyday ordinary life to look, to notice, to study. 

In light of the nudge of the text and following the example of Maria from The Sound of Music, I am driven to attend to "a few of my favorite things."  While bright copper kettles and schnitzel with noodles don't do much for me, "wild geese that fly with the moon" and "snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes" do bring a smile to my face.

Here are a few more of my favorite things:

  • My wife's smile
  • My children's laughter
  • The gift of music
  • Alaskan mountains
  • Peanut M&Ms
  • Dr. Pepper
  • Watching an eagle fly
  • Preaching the Word
  • Baptizing and discipling new believers
  • Singing praises
  • Canoeing
  • Shrimp
  • Arctic Roadrunner Burgers 
  • Moose's Tooth Pizza
  • Tamales
  • Lake City, CO Malts (Vanilla, please)
  • Bacon
  • Cooking waffles
            (I must be hungry.  I keep listing food!)
  • Listening to my kids play their instruments.
  • Watching my daughter dance.
  • Watching my sons swim.
  • Swimming with them.
  • Reading God's Word
  • Reading children's books to classrooms
  • Riding my Honda Shadow
  • Camping
  • Cross-country skiing with my wife.

I could continue, but that's enough for now.  It's your turn.  Think about a few of your favorite things.  Send me your list; I would enjoy learning of your favorite things.

Endless enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment