One Lord

Today I am enjoying time with Cambodian pastors as I teach and share insights, encouragement, and resources with these Christ-followers and Christian leaders.  The siblings-in-Christ who reside in a land sixteen hours ahead of my home share the same passion; namely, to know Christ and make Him known.  While we live in different lands and speak different languages, we share the same core beliefs based on the inspired word of God.

 
A couple of years ago during a tour of the "Holy Land," fellow Rabbit Creek Church members stood with my wife and me in an ancient cathedral and sang the words of "Amazing Grace."  As we did, fellow Christians began to sing the same hymn, yet in a different tongue.  As we Alaskans sang in English, they as Koreans, sang in their mother language.  I count that as one of my favorite times of worship.

As a teenager, I spent some time in Australia.  While there, I (a Baptist) received Holy Communion from a Catholic priest.  It was, to my surprise, "real" wine.  The wine told me the same story as did my familiar Welch's. 

I have preached in Baptist, Methodist, and CME churches.  I have prayed with preachers, priests, deacons, nuns, and wanderers.  Through it all, Jesus connects all of His followers under the love-of-God-sized banner of Grace.

Ephesians 4:4-6 (NIV)
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment