120/245

According to the tiny numbers on the top right of today's date in my "At-A-Glance" calendar (yes, I still use an actual paper calendar), today is the one hundred and twentieth day of 2019.  Each of those 120 twenty-four-hour periods has offered me opportunities to live my Ordinary Life.  Some of those days were used wisely; some were filled with extra-Ordinary moments; some felt quite lengthy; some "flew" by; and still others offered moments for deep contemplation. 

As I live today and anticipate number 121 (for no particular reason), I do well to recall the words of Paul, so well known to me and many of you . . .

Romans 12:1 - So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life . . . (MSG)

May Day 2019, for some, marks the beginning of Spring.  For our friends who call Mexico home, it marks (again, according to my paper calendar), Labor Day.  For all of us, it marks the time where we know that 244 days remain in 2019 in which we can live the words of Romans 12:1.  I can think of no better way to live. 

Live well.

#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment