The Same

Last Friday marked the eleventh anniversary of my arrival in Anchorage and last Sunday was the eleventh anniversary of my start of serving as Pastor of Rabbit Creek Church.  It has been and will continue, Lord willing, to be a wonderful journey.  Alaska and Rabbit Creek Church are home to my family and me. 

Eleven years has changed several things in both areas.

  • My children are teenagers.
  • Our church shortened our name - 3 Cs were just one too many.
  • I ride a motorcycle.
  • Our church runs a coffee shop ministry.
  • A few more lines show on my face.
  • Long-time members have moved and new families now call Rabbit Creek home.

Eleven years has not changed other things.

  • My wife is beautiful.
  • My kids are treasures.
  • I write with a Pentel P205.
  • Our church is awesome.

And . . .

Hebrews 13:8 (NIV) - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
In that truth I find great assurance.  Days come, days go; Jesus stays the same.  He doesn't change "the rules."  He loves me no less - or no more - because He loves to the full.  His promises are true.  His death is sufficient.  Nothing can separate me from His love.

And . . .

He gives me one 24-hour period after another to live my everyday, Ordinary Life for Him.
Thank You, Jesus!

#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment