Bonus Blog - “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”

In Tuesday's blog about transitions, I talked about my daughter, Kate, graduating from High School.  I asked her if she would allow me to share her graduation speech.  It was a joy to listen to her as she spoke and I trust you will enjoy reading her words.  She is great at living the Ordinary Life.

Kate Goodman - High School Graduation Speech
Tuesday, May 21, 2019

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”

That quote, said by a person who I know nothing about, is the backbone to my life.  Ever since I was young enough to be a Scott’s Tot, I was always the person who is a little “too enthusiastic” about life.  But the thing is, life has so much more meaning when we take the time to actually live. 

It’s pretty crazy to me that each person has about 2 billion heartbeats throughout their life.  I mean that's insane!  And what makes a person unique is how they use those heartbeats.  Whether its traveling to Sprance (Spain and France), or chowing down on potato chips at midnight, our lives are ours for the taking.  And we, seniors, are just beginning a new journey of life, with a whole new set of heartbeats.  And the best news? We get to choose what we do with them. 
 

So go out into the world, do something crazy, and make awesome memories  because life is worth living, and that is one of the many things my journey through school has taught me.

There are so many people that I want to thank, so let me say thank you:

- To my amazing parents.  You two have have formed me into the person that I am. I am thankful that I was raised in a home where you both love me so much and encourage me to be the best person I can be. I love you both so much.  Thank you, Max and Sam, for being the best brothers a sister could ask for.  Sure we don’t agree on what time is “on time”, but we always seem to have fun together. 
When I go to college, I will miss you four the most.  I love you guys.

- Thank you to my amazing family. To Papa and Mimi and Papa and BG. You are the best grandparents in the entire world and I will always treasure my memories with you.

- Thank you Braden, Allison, and Taylor for always being there for me.  You make my life 100% better and I keep all of our memories together close to my heart.

- Thank you to my youth group and my church for teaching me so many important lessons.  Thank you, Cory and Drew, for being great leaders and answering all of my weird questions. 

- And thank you most of all, to the Big Guy Uptop because none of this would have happened without Him.

As it is my first and last year of being a member of OP Board (which is Polaris’  student government), I think it is only fitting that I make one last resolution.  So…

Be it resolved by Operational Group, I, Kate Goodman, suggest that Polaris has helped me to grow in more ways than one, and prepared me for what is to come.

#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment