Twenty-four Years of Dancing

Yesterday, while our friends who call the land between my home and the Lower 48 celebrated St. Jean Baptiste day, my wife and I celebrated one score and four years of marriage.  Since 1995 Vonda Kay and I have . . . 
  • moved six times 
  • had three children (We still have them.  🙂) 
  • served in five churches 
  • experienced great joys 
  • survived difficult events 
  • prayed with our daughter and sons as they chose to follow Jesus
  • said "I'm sorry" many times 
  • said "I love you" even more times 
  • laughed 
  • cried
  • tried having pets three times (not counting the frogs)
  • tried out our thumbs to see if they were green 
  • driven the Alaska Highway three times (actually one time for Vonda Kay)
Recording artist Andrew Peterson wrote a song regarding marriage.  Within Peterson's "Dancing in the Minefields" are words that ring true.
Well "I do" are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another, I've heard
Is a good place to begin
'Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down
And I believe it's an easy price
For the life that we have found

I love the life that we have found.  My Ordinary Life is all the richer, fuller, and more meaningful due to giving up "me" for "we."  I look forward to all the "until death do us part" years ahead.

#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment