Here's to New Things

Just about twenty years ago a woman (who was forty years my senior) from the church I was pastoring at the time strongly encouraged me to purchase a cellphone.  At the time I checked email about twice a week, owned a VCR, and still enjoyed slides; and I don't mean playground equipment.  You remember them; don't you?  Those photos you (or your parents) inserted into a carousel.  

Well, anyway, back to the phone story.  She wanted her pastor to be within reach in addition to landlines and home phones.  So I bought a phone (or maybe the church did).  I've been connected ever since.  

I still write most things with my Pentel P205 and I like my paper At-A-Glance Planner; yet an Apple tablet and an iPhone are just within reach.  

I enjoy the old ways and the new ways; at least the "new" ways I understand.  In light of new ways (to me), I am starting a new thing.  Tomorrow I will post my first vlog.  With the help of a man over twenty years my junior, in addition to preaching, teaching, and blogging, I will have another vehicle through which I can communicate the importance of faith, God's Word, family, and living the Ordinary.  Thanks, Jonathan!  

I invite you to connect with me every Wednesday to view my vlog.  You can find the link at rabbitcreekchurch.org
Here's to New Things!

#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment