Less Than 100 Days

The sun will set this evening marking the completion of the 267th day of 2019.  In less than 100 days, the sun will rise on 2020.  What will I do in and with my next 97 Ordinary days of this year?  I'll start by making a list.  (Not a "bucket list;" Lord willing, I plan on sticking around for a bit longer.)

To do in 97 days:

  1. Thank God for each day.
  2. Say "I love you" to my wife at least once a day.
  3. Say "I love you" to my kids at least once a day.
  4. Preach three-plus months' worth of sermons.
  5. Pray.
  6. Play racquetball.
  7. Hike.
  8. Ski (downhill).
  9. Ski (cross-country).
  10. Eat Moose's Tooth pizza (more than once).
  11. Drink Dr. Peppers.
  12. Visit my family in Texas.
  13. Celebrate the birth of Jesus.
  14. Exchange gifts.
  15. Read the Bible daily.
  16. Read a few more books.
  17. Get in a few more motorcycle rides (wishful thinking perhaps).
As you read those seventeen "to dos," you learned a bit more about me.  That's how it works.  When one reveals his or her interests, habits, etc., the other learns a bit more about one's priorities.  What makes a person happy?  You can find out by studying their list (written or lived).

I encourage you to make your own list of "to dos" you hope to accomplish over the next 97 days.  Then go back and read your list.  (I'll wait.)

Okay, now that you've done that, what did you learn about yourself?
See any pattern?
Have any "Oops, I forgot that" moments?
Time for a personal reset?

I learn new things about myself on a regular basis.  Plato said, "A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers."

So, in light of the philosopher's wisdom, don't concern yourself with the number of days 2019 still contains.  Focus rather on what you will do in and with them.

Continue to learn about yourself and live your life.

#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment