An Ordinary Anniversary

It all began near 2015's end.  And it continues today.  This is blog number 200 for The Ordinary Life.  Last week I invited you to make a "to do" list.  (How are you doing with that?)  I added to my list this week by investing some time in evaluating my faithfulness to the (self-assigned) task of celebrating the ordinary things of life.  In light of that evaluation, I will dedicate the rest of today's blog to re-posting my original post.

Hello.  My name is Mark Goodman and I am a fan of ordinary.  As you join me on this blog journey, we will delight in the ordinary things of life that often receive less than their share of attention.

Sunrises -
yes Hawaiian, but also the less-often photographed as well. 

Museum-ready works of art - yes; but without overlooking the crayon creations of children.

I live in Anchorage, Alaska where my wife and I raise our three children.  We love Alaska, our home for over 14 years.  You will find one or more of us skiing down a mountain, or down a trail, dancing ballet (not me!), playing racquetball, eating at Moose’s Tooth Pizza, hiking, reading, doing magic tricks, playing the electric guitar, piano, or violin, or just hanging out together.  I serve as Senior Pastor of Rabbit Creek Church, our community of faith.  We love Jesus, reach out to people, and teach them to grow in relationship with the Lord. 


As I launch this blog, I must confess that I delayed for some time.  I prefer sharing my thoughts verbally or through the medium of an ordinary 0.5mm Pentel P205.  Three cheers for pencils!  That said, I realize that not all who read this blog will visit Alaska and my pencil marks fade.  

Others blogs can focus on the “extraordinary” and “great.”  I commit this blog to the celebration of the ordinary and the good.  I trust that together you, the reader, and I will enjoy this journey through observing life.

Long live the ordinary!
Mark


#ordinarylives

No comments:

Post a Comment